The Ventura Group, consisting of Ventura Motors Pty Ltd ACN 004 235 518 and its subsidiaries (“Ventura“, “we“, “our” or “us“), operate bus and coach services in Melbourne. We are the leading provider of public transport in Melbourne and pride ourselves on providing dependable, friendly and sustainable bus services.
Ventura also operates a website under the domain name www.venturabus.com.au (“Website“).
We recognise the importance of maintaining the privacy of the personal information of our customers, visitors to our Website and other individuals we deal with.
How is personal information collected by Ventura?
Ventura primarily collects personal information about individuals:
- who contact us with an enquiry, feedback or complaint, so that we can answer the query or investigate and resolve the complaint;
- who make a booking with us for a charter service;
- who apply for employment with Ventura, so that we can assess their suitability for vacant positions within our organisation; or
- when we issue an infringement notice to them pursuant to the Transport (Compliance and Miscellaneous) Act 1983 (Vic).
We will take reasonable steps to notify individuals about our collection of their personal information, and will provide all relevant information prescribed under the Privacy Act.
We will only collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We will destroy or de-identify any personal information we receive if we would not ordinarily be permitted to collect that information under the Privacy Act.
What kinds of personal information are collected by Ventura?
The personal information we may collect about individuals includes:
- general contact information such as address, telephone, fax and email; and
- other details relevant to the reason the information is being collected, such as:
- the details of an enquiry, complaint or feedback;
- the details of a charter booking, and the customer’s payment information;
- details relevant to a person’s employment application, such as work experience, qualifications and referees; or
- the circumstances of the infringement.
How is personal information used by Ventura?
How is personal information disclosed by Ventura?
If we issue an infringement notice, personal information contained in the notice is disclosed to the Victorian Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure, State Government of Victoria (or its successor body) as required by law.
Other than as set out above, Ventura does not use or disclose any information about individuals without their consent, except as otherwise required or permitted under the Privacy Act.
We do not disclose personal information to any recipients located outside Australia.
Does Ventura use personal information for direct marketing communications?
If your personal information was collected for the purposes of you making a charter booking or enquiry about charter services, we may contact you using the contact details which you provide to us in order to provide you with further information about charter services and other products and services you may be interested in.
We will comply with our obligations under Spam Act 2003 (Cth) and the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 (Cth) in relation to such direct marketing communications.